Sunday 3 March 2013

The Short Suit

I am always one for a statement pair of shorts and it seems that the hottest look for Spring is the beautifully tailored short suit which I am thrilled to see rather than another Summer of trying to make sports luxe look flattering!
Perhaps not one that you can wear out just yet as the weather is still as dreary and dull as ever (I even saw snow once again in London last week) but it is definitely an investment look that will keep you looking effortlessly chic all summer long.
I first spotted the short suit in Reiss and in the colour of the season, electric blue, I instantly fell in love.




//Jacket// Reiss // £189.00
// Shorts // Reiss // £85.00

This look is easy to dress down or wear with a pair of heels for an evening lounging in the sun. Oh if only I had a spare £274 lying around, the hardship of being a student.
Second on my list is a lovely little pairing from Topshop.


//Jacket// Topshop // £55
//Shorts// Topshop// £35

I am usually quite adverse to bright floral prints so this neutral black and cream is perfect for a safer option with this trend.
Another of my favourites from Topshop is this Jacquard printed trouser suit, again in my colour lust of the season.





//Jacket// Topshop// £55
//Cigarette Trousers// Topshop// £40

Not a short suit, I know, but when I spotted this in Oxford Circus it instantly stood out to me and Jacquard print is a personal favourite of mine this season.
There is also some excellent designer fashspiration for this trend from 3.1 Phillip Lim and Sandro Paris.



//Jacket and Shorts// 3.1 Phillip Lim// Harvey Nichols


//Jacket and Shorts// Sandro// Sandro-Paris

There is also no reason that you can't mix and match with this trend, making it even more versatile as demonstrated by Zara.




//Jacket// Zara// £69.99
//Shorts// Zara// £39.99

I love the slightly unconventional middle eastern vibe of this Jacquard pattern crossover blazer paired with these embroided beaded shorts. 
The best part of this androgynous trend is the fact that these pieces can be worn together or separately so it is an all around investment which, when you're a student like me and constantly in your overdraft, is the only justification when you're trying to maintain a shopping addiction! 


No comments:

Post a Comment