Sunday 3 March 2013

Rihanna for River Island


There are only 2 days left until Rihanna fans will go in to a frenzy and the River Island website will most likely receive the most visitors it has ever had within a single minute and crash before anyone even gets chance to view the new collection.
I must say I am quite surprised at how tame the collection has looked so far from what I have seen. I was expecting there to be a lot of latex and some barely-there-may-as-well-not-be-wearing hot pants, but no it all seems relatively presentable.
When I first heard that Rihanna was collaborating with River Island I was skeptical to say the least but the collection actually seems to have found the right balance between being conservative while still having that sex appeal that we all love RiRi for.
Inspired by the 90's, I may be attempting to buy a couple of these items... a couple I must reinstate, some of them are well... judge for yourself!


Is this two pairs of jeans or just the one?! I can't quite work it out but double denim is always a disaster in my eyes. 



Is Baywatch back in? 





I will definitely be trying to get my hands on one of these dipped hem dresses, perfect for summer.


There are no words. 





This floral print will undoubtedly be a popular choice. I do hope that these heeled sandals will be included in the collection too.



Please tell me someone that will buy thigh high lace up boots who isn't wanting to look like a prostitute. Don't think this will be their best seller...


RiRi herself went for a simple LBD and looked gorgeous as usual when she came out after the show at London Fashion Week.
I would say that I'm disappointed but if I'm being honest it is slightly better than I expected! We will find out in less than 48 hours though whether this will be a triumph or an absolute disaster, at this point I would say it could go either way.
If it is the latter, Rihanna's cover on Elle next month will surely redeem her, the sneak preview below shows her looking extra beautiful donning a new pixie crop.


//Images// fashion.telegraph.co.uk// riverisland.co.uk//

#RIHANNAFORRIVERISLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment